Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
About Wholesome Crave
Wholesome Crave is a mission-driven, sustainable food company that produces the healthiest, and most delicious plant-based soups in the U.S.
We DO WELL and DO GOOD. Our freshly-made, chef-inspired soups are not only delicious and nutrient-dense, they drive positive change in the world by directing a percentage of soup sales (equaling nearly half of our profits) to our partner non-profit organization—Wholesome Wave.
Wholesome Crave was founded in 2018 by four-time James Beard award-winning chef Michel Nischan, who is also Co-Founder and Chairman of Wholesome Wave, and led by former CEO of Newman’s Own and Weight Watchers, Mike McGrath.
Nischan’s entire career has been devoted to local, regional, organic, regenerative, and plant-forward cooking and sourcing. His vision is our vision: a world where everyone, regardless of income, can afford to feed themselves and their families well.
About the Position: VP Sales and Marketing
It’s all about who you are, and how well you align with our vision.
You aim to be one of the most influential people in bringing the next significant plant-forward food brand to market, landing new accounts, growing existing partnerships, enlisting distributors and brokers as brand champions, and growing our sales team from the ground-up. This is a hands-on role that suits your irrepressible passion, entrepreneurial skills, personal drive for success, a true devotion to cause.
What You Crave:
- An environment where you can thrive as a seasoned food service sales and marketing leader
- An opportunity to work with world-class, experienced founders in a mission-driven company
- An exciting new home for you to house your extensive relationships with change-hungry food service accounts, brokers and distributors
- An opportunity to prove your chops in the complex scaled food service environment with multiple layers of decision makers, price/pain points, and feeding environments
- An opportunity to sell and market not only the most delicious plant-based soups – an opportunity to drive meaningful change
- A home where your energy and passion are met by an opportunity to share in the success of the overall organization
- The opportunity, story, and resources to affect meaningful change in our food system. For you, this is like breathing
- An opportunity to take true ownership in facing barriers head-on, while forging innovative solutions
Who You Are:
- You’re a highly effective sales and marketing executive. You’re a warm, generous human being who believes that doing business the right way is a way of life, not an option. You’re passionate and positive at work, at home, and in public. You love focused, efficient work, are excited by challenges and barriers, and are driven by integrity, humility, and a genuine desire to positively impact the world. You are persistent as hell. Your organizational skills are deployed through a lens of excellence, and genuine hospitality.
Who we are:
- We’re the next wave in plant-based food products designed to solve the existing gap of delicious, nutritious, and healthful fully-plant-based soups. We intend to disrupt the status quo of the current food service environment, which is overrun with fat-rich, sodium-replete, un-delicious soups, made by very big companies with little or no concern for planet or people. We also intend to make meaningful change possible for our neighbors struggling with serious poverty and nutrition insecurity.
- We are a premier solution to expanding delicious plant-based choices on the menus of selective customers like Google, Guckenheimer, and the Compass Group
- We’re on a mission to save our planet, our health, and to help Americans struggling with nutrition insecurity
- We’re a company of high-quality humans who live and breathe integrity, benevolence, kindness, awesomeness, and excellence.
- We’re the company you want to become part of
We Need YOU to:
- Work directly with our President and talented board of directors to help build out Wholesome Crave’s sales strategy and sales plan
- Own all aspects of the sales cycle: identifying key food service accounts, closing and signing on new accounts, and managing/growing existing accounts – most importantly, listening genuinely to your customers so we can respond
- Monitor sales in each of our accounts (using CRM tools) to assess the product’s position in the market and effectively forecast sales volumes for each sector
- Create and manage a broad network of distributors and brokers
- Support field marketing events and local promotional activities to grow the Wholesome Crave brand
We Also Need YOU to:
- Conduct market audits to assess the products’ position in the marketplace; monitor competitive activity and distributor effectiveness, and; stay ahead of trends in the plant-forward, plant-based food service sector
- Help build, shape, and lead Wholesome Crave’s sales team
- Most importantly, genuinely care about our customers and supply chain partners. Genuine hospitality is the ultimate builder of lasting trust and long-standing relationships
This is a full-time job, located in Northern California, with a competitive compensation package, including equity for the right individual with demonstrated performance, and stellar references and professional background.
LOCATION: This job can be done remotely, but will require extensive travel
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Four industry-specific references from different companies
- Three customer references
- What non-industry food subjects are you passionate about and why?
- Can food change the world and, if so, how? If not, why?