Peasant’s Powerhouse: Mushroom Gemelli with Tomato Boost
Peasant’s Powerhouse Ingredients:
- 16 oz Tuscan Bean and Mushroom Soup
- 2 oz dried gemelli pasta
- 1/2 cup thickly-sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan (or regular parmesan)
- Bring the soup to a simmer in a medium sauce pot over medium heat. Add the pasta, then reduce the heat to medium low. Cover and cook 12 minutes.
- Remove the cover, and stir-in the kale and tomatoes. Place the cover back on and cook 3 minutes more. If you desire softer pasta, add 2 tablespoons of water and continue to simmer another two minutes.
- Stir-in the extra-virgin olive oil and vegan or regular parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately